Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Of Botaks and Games

OF BOTAKS....

I am officially a Botak (Baldie) now. Don't ask me why, I just did it.

The hairdressor (pretty one too) commented saying "Its amazing how different one looks after a shave isn't it?" after about 2/3 of my head was shaved. Not sure if she meant that as a compliment or whether she was saying that it was a pity for me to shave. Who cares. You know what's amazing? The amazing part is how when my mind was made up to shave, there was no turning back. All hesitation was just shrugged away.

If only I had such resolve in my studies....I'd be a friggin Dean's list medical student by now...


Me 2 seconds before I walked into the hairdressers...


Me at home after the shave. Notice how the length of my hair is inversely proportional to the width of my smile?
Cheers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
OF GAMES.....
My older brother, Nigel (ZhongXi) Goh, or Gel as he is more commonly known in the computer gaming world, has yet again made it to the news! This time, he was on the frontpage of The Star's Rage section. Do click on the link to read all about it. His clan, WINDS, also made it to the papers!
He's been a huge influence to me and my younger brother in terms of gaming. When he was still studying in Australia with me, he convinced me to join FiFa Soccer competitions in Australia, including the Australian Cybergames Competition. I've won a few prizes myself, including a PS2 and some cash. (Oops, didn't mean to brag). And so has Francis, my younger brother, he got 3rd in the Malaysian Cybergames 1-2 years ago, and has also been winning substantial amounts of cash and prizes.
=) Did I make anyone interested in turning competitive gaming into their career? =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

O___o why shave? that's one drastic measure you took which of cos I will never do >___<

weihuA * said...

lol, imagine dektos bald. =D

zewt said...

not fully botak la.

Jazzi said...

dektos: haha..it's not drastic, just felt it was time for change...

weihua: lol...yeah it'd be cool seeing him bald!

Zewt: haha...i once cut fully botak, shiny type...and scared 2 little boys, once in the bus, another while walking home from busstop....must've looked like a gangsta to them...

lcf said...

after 2 more shaves, you will definitely be in the Dean's list!