Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lasting love



Went to Boxhill Central with my mom yesterday, to get food at the local market. My mom had just come over from Malaysia to 'check on' my younger brother, to make sure he was doing ok in his first year studying overseas. I had never been to BoxHill Central's market before, but I was fascinated.

I saw so many old couples doing their grocery shopping there! Sure, lots of them had their weapons (walking sticks/frames) with them, but I was amazed at how some of them still held hands while trying to walk steadily...

Too bad I didn't take a camera with me, otherwise I'd have taken a few shots. They're a lovely sight! I did manage to find some pictures of old couples online though:




Feel that twinkle in your heart? I get that too.
Maybe it's because deep down everyone of us wants that sort of love. Love that lasts beyond the wrinkles on our skin. Love that lasts beyond our dentures. Love that lasts longer than the time it takes for us to walk to the loo -- when we're 100 years old, that is.
=).

Fact: Women outlive men.

So if you're a lady reader, and you want to be like them lucky ladies in those pictures, you better start looking for younger bois, so your partner won't die before you do....

Haha. My girlfriend is smart. I'm 8 months younger than she is. Guess I stand a chance of living long enough to take her to a romantic restaurant for our 80th anniversary (when we're 100+ years old) and give her a new 'canggih' (awesome) set of dentures as an anniversary gift!



Aw-sum!

No comments: