Friday, March 14, 2008

Leadership

Some people are born leaders; others are made.

I've never thought of myself as anything less than a leader. In everything I did, I would always strive for the best, because only the best deserves to be the leader. After all, that's why they LEAD in the things they do right?

I could not be so wrong.

Leadership has taken on a new meaning to me. Sometimes leadership is not about the 'no-one-can-do-it-better-than-me' attitude, it's not about having to show everyone the best way to do things.

Leadership is about bringing out the best in people, bringing out the leader from within them. It's about being able to know who's the best person suited for the task, and letting him run the show. It's about standing behind the scenes, allowing those you lead to shine in your place.

Most importantly, leadership is about following. Following what your heart tells you is best for the people you lead.

1 comment:

hjx said...

Nice one. Never thought of that before!